Saturday, January 21, 2012

Packing and Leaving!!

So in 17 hours I leave for the airport.  Wow!  That seems short when put in hours… not in days, weeks, or even months!  Before I write anything else, I want to share a really cool praise.  Last week I remembered that I really wanted this book on giving wisely.  Basically it investigates how believers can give in a way to build up a community to depend on the Lord, rather than on wealthy nations.  So I bought it on Amazon and found out the expected shipping dates were between 1-20-12 and 2-2-12.  I thought to myself, that’s cutting it a little close, but I know it’s a simple thing for God to do.  So I prayed, and just had full faith and assurance that God would bring me this book before I flew out.  So today, Saturday, when the mail truck pulled in, I just was praising His name and thanking Him before I even visited the mail box.  Sure enough, my book was present… and His faithfulness was shown in even this small thing!  What a great assurance I have that His faithfulness will be ever present each of my days while in India!  And all my days!
Perhaps some of you are wondering what one would pack for a six month mission trip to India.  So I’ve gone ahead and shown you… to satisfy your deep curiosity! 
The first pictures are of me and my bag.  Next I show some candy.  The first picture is of Slim Jims and other candy I will give out to the children there.  The next picture is a smaller stash… and that’s for me… but I’m still open to sharing!  I think the Nutella is the best way to do chocolate in the coming heat!  Another picture shows my blanket, pillow, towel and clothing.  I’m not bringing too many things, and I plan to wear mostly native clothing that I’ll get there.  Besides that, you’ll see my toiletries, electronics, and lots of toilet paper.  If you’re not sure why I packed toilet paper for my trip to India… perhaps you should Google it.  Yikes!! 
Please pray for me.  I am stepping out into a different land to spread the true gospel.  Not everyone can go… but some can pray, and some can send.  What is your part?  I love you in Christ Jesus!  May the grace of God be understood by us all!
***ohh and a side note... you didn't see my Bible there to be packed.  It's not that I decided its better not to bring one... but rather... better to use it to today and keep it handy tomorrow in my purse! ;)








4 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to try to this comment section and see how it works... still new to this blog thing... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have comments :-)

    so SO HAPPY for you Erin, you seem to have truly found your calling- I wish you a safe and fullfillng Journey My Friend - you will be in my thoughts!

    I look forward to reading about your adventures in India....I have to now go and google toilet paper in India :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Erin! That is cool! Hope you made it there safely! May God bless you! I love you Chica!!! ps: amen for nutella ;) xoxo -Mary the frenchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi friend!!! I am excited to pray for you and write to you! Thanks for such a great post; I am excited to hear more.

    abrazote!

    ReplyDelete