Thursday, January 26, 2012

The man outside the gate.


What joy fills my heart when I know that I am moving just as the Lord leads.  So here’s a short testimony.  So today I had the honor of spending time with Pamela.  She is Anand’s wife from Metro Missions.  They are a wonderful God fearing couple with two beautiful girls.  We spent the day praising God, being silly with the girls, eating some very delicious food, and sharing testimonies.
On the way home I took a rickshaw.  As I got out I saw an old man begging at the gate.  I reached into my purse and gave him 20 cents.  I then went back to my room and had a time of worship.  Around  six I left to come here and write about some of my experiences so far… but I was stopped by the same man.  He had come into the campus and was waiting for me.  He came up to me nearly in tears.  He started speaking to me in what I believe was English… but it was very difficult to decipher.  What I could catch was that he has some sort of serious stomach problem and is in a lot of pain.  He was praying and God told him to have me pray for him.  As he was sharing my hands began to tingle and get warm.  I know that this is not needed or anything, but it happened, so I want to share.  So I asked the man if I could put my hand on his shoulder and pray for him.  I prayed in faith because I know that the Lord paid for this mans sickness.  After, I asked him if he was still in pain.  He said he felt better but it was still a little painful.  I prayed again.  What really struck me about this man was how he was in no rush.  He wanted all the prayer he could get.  He also joined in with me at different points.   At the end of the prayer he said all the pain was gone.  He was in tears and shaking with joy.  I got to ask him about his life and he shared how he has been sleeping out in this part of the city because he can’t get home.  I had the honor of giving this man $2.40 so he could take a train to his city.  And another blessing was how I had that exact amount for the train ticket in my purse.  It was my ‘alms’ money and also for a bottle of water.  Our Father gives us living water… and with Him we will never thirst again!  Ohh how I love my dear Father!  His heart is filled with such kindness towards all people! 

3 comments:

  1. So inspirational Erin and what an experience for you and the Man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Erin! Such a blessing to hear what God is doing! Awesome Testimony! God is so purposeful! Amazing! Love u hun! Praying for u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God! He is so good! We're praying for you as you continue to share the truth and God's love to all you come in contact with!

    ReplyDelete